Friday, October 1, 2010

Typeblography

In keeping with the typography theme that I set with today's earlier post...

It seems that the Hoefler and Frere-Jones foundry has released a new type family. (And by "new," I mean "it was posted to their website two months ago, but it's new to me.") Forza is a square sans-serif that, according to H&FJ's website, was commissioned by Wired for their redesign. Coincidentally, while I was thumbing through Wired for last week's show and tell, I spent a while trying to figure out what font they were using. No luck with that until today.

H&FJ calls the font "articulate and assertive." I'm glad they're helping me out with the description here because I don't yet know enough about typography to describe it in such terms. But it is very attractive, especially as a display font, and in regular H&FJ style it's available in a bunch of sizes and weights.

I'd love to pick this up. If only had a few hundred dollars to burn...

No comments:

Post a Comment