Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Shining Example (Show and Tell)

Since this week's show and tell got all blogified, I figured I'd share some video for my example of narrative. This is a spoof trailer for the movie The Shining. All the footage is from the original, but it's been recut and given a new soundtrack and voiceover. It's amazing how those changes can recast the tone the entire film.

There are probably better examples of a narrative out there (for example, any book, ever), but I thought this was a good example of how a known narrative can be transformed into something completely different.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I loved it. The voiceover reminded me of something that I was shown in one of my audio classes at Towson. Maybe you have seen it, maybe you haven't, but it's entertaining: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQRtuxdfQHw&feature=related

    ReplyDelete