Thursday, November 18, 2010

It is Thursday.

Yawn. Anybody else not really feeling this whole Thursday morning thing? You're in luck -- me neither.

Take a minute to check out Unhappy Hipsters. The blog pulls the somewhat stark photos from design and architecture publications like Dwell and ArchDaily, and recasts them with whip-smart captions that highlight the austere silliness of the whole scene. The writing is fantastic. And there are about 200 posts to wade through -- perfect for the Thursday morning doldrums.



Caption via UnhappyHipsters:
Neither wanted to be the one to admit that the parallel fireside bench had been a mistake—or that the linear peephole actually obstructed the view.

Brilliant. Although, for the record, I think the name of the site is misleading -- Unhappy Yuppies seems more accurate, but I dunno... maybe hipster is the new yuppie. These terms don't exactly have discrete definitions.

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea why hipster-related websites are so funny, but I'm not sure I care. For your next boring Thursday morning at work: http://hipsterpuppies.tumblr.com/ .

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU Dan/Beard! These are great and definitely brightened my day with unhappiness. I especially enjoy seeing the hipster children being force fed their parents' ridiculous culture. I'm with you - these look more yuppie than hipster, but what do I know? I don't even know where I fall on the social ladder of coolness.

    ReplyDelete