Thursday, September 16, 2010

B.Y.O. Blog

There's fashionably late, and then there's crashing the door at 2 a.m., complaining that all the beer and Cool Ranch Doritos are gone while everyone else is passed out on the living room floor. I'm not yet sure which category I fall into, but I do know this: it's Thursday night, I've finally arrived at the Pub Design blog party, and there are a LOT of cars in the driveway already. But I made it. Hope I didn't miss all the fun.

First, a little housekeeping: If you've just stumbled in from somewhere else on the Internet, this is my blog for a graduate course in Publications Design. If you're one of my PBDS classmates, please un-read the previous sentence because it doesn't apply to you.

So what's the big idea here? This blog is about the confluence of picture and prose -- presumably, the reason we're all in this program in the first place. It's where I'll post inspiration and rumination on writing and design, but more importantly, it's where I'll discuss the thing that I believe makes all us creatives tick: the ability to work a blank slab of nothingness into something beautiful, meaningful, or, at the very least, entertaining.

And sometimes I'll even treat you to ham-handed attempts at metaphor (see above). Lucky you. Now how about those Doritos?

1 comment: